Monday, May 13, 2013

Shepherd's Harvest Sheep & Wool Festival

Last weekend, I made my annual trek to the Washington County Fairgrounds in Lake Elmo, MN for the Shepherd's Harvest Sheep & Wool Festival with my knitting enabler, Jennifer.  As someone who doesn't make it to a ton of knitting events, this is basically the highlight of my knitting year.

While I didn't make as many purchases as I have in years past, I think I am far more excited about what I did come home with:


100% Pygora Goat yarn (undyed) from Amity Creek Pygora Goat Farm.  I can't wait to tell you all about this one.  Wow.  Just, wow.


Cultivated Silk Hankies Hand-Dyed from Goldfish Love Fibers.  I've never worked with silk hankies before, but, you know me, I'll try anything once.


100% Alpaca from Little Gidding Farm in Bachelor Button.  So soft and lovely.

I also came home with some smells-so-good-I-could-eat-it Almond Oatmeal hand lotion from All Things Herbal and some adorable ceramic buttons from Brickyard Pottery (I'll have to get some photos for you guys- they must be seen to be believed).

A trip to Shepherd's Harvest is never complete without some fried food for breakfast (GIANT egg roll) and a lamb burger.  YUM!  I usually come home with pounds and pounds of fudge from LARK Toys.  Unfortunately, this year I forgot to swing by until we were already on the road home.  It made my heart and stomach very, very sad.  Pretty much the tragedy of Shepherd's Harvest 2013.

Plus!  Animal barn!




I almost came home with this bunny.  This little Lionhead is 6 weeks old and snuggly as can be.  It took all my willpower to walk away.


What a great Mother's Day!  I topped it off with margaritas and a showing of The Great Gatsby.  FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment